賭場經典台詞英文
㈠ 急求·經典英文電影台詞,對白
我讓客人寄放鎖匙好幾年了
I've had customers leaving keys here for years
有時過幾天就拿走
Sometimes they pick them up in a few days
有時幾星期
Sometimes it takes a few weeks
大部份時候呢?
Well, what about most of the time?
大部份時候,鎖匙留在瓶里
Most of the time, the keys stay in the jar
為什麼留著它們?
Well why do you keep them?
應該扔掉算了
You should just throw them out
不行
No
我不能那麼做
No I couldn't do that
為什麼?
Why not?
要是我把它們扔掉
If I threw these keys away
那些門就會永遠鎖著
then those doors will be closed forever
這點不應該由我作主
And that shouldn't be up to me to decide
【凡事都有理由的】
我猜我只是在找理由
Guess I'm just looking for a reason
根據我的觀察
Well, from my observations
不知道反倒更好
sometimes it's better off not knowing
有時根本就沒有理由
and other times there's no reason to be found
凡事都有理由
Everything has a reason
【鑰匙們的故事】
說說其他鎖匙的故事好嗎?
Will you tell me the stories behind those other keys?
為什麼?
What for?
我只是好奇它們的來歷
I just wondered how they all ended up here
挑一串
Pick one
那是幾年前一對年青情侶的
Those belonged to a young couple a few years ago.
他們竟天真地相信
They were naive enough to believe
他們會共度餘生
that they were gonna spend the rest of their lives together
後來怎樣?
Well, what happened?
後來人生變遷
Life happened
世事變遷,光陰變遷
Things happened. Yeah, time happened
幾乎一切都不外如是
It's pretty much always the case more or less
又或者其中一個跟別人跑了
Or maybe one of them ran off with someone else
或者感情淡了
Maybe the feelings just went away
這一串呢?
What about these?
那是一位老婆婆的
Those belonged to a little old lady
她的好朋友探訪她時會來拿
Her best friend would pick them up and come to visit her
她留下鎖匙後我就沒再見過她
She dropped them off and I never saw her again
我猜…我的意思是,她很老了
I presumed, I mean, she was pretty old
我猜可能已經過世
I presumed she passed away or something
這一串呢?
What about these?
這一串是一個小夥子的
These keys used to belong to a young lad
來自英國曼曼徹斯特
from Manchester England
有抱負,有夢想
who made plans and had dreams
想從紐約開始
of running every marathon in this country
跑遍美國的馬拉松
starting in New York
他打算把經歷寫成日誌
He was going to write a journal about his experiences
結果卻開了家小餐室
and ended up running a cafe.
後來鎖匙交給一個俄國少女
Later they were given to a Russian girl
她喜歡收集鎖匙
who loved collecting keys
和看夕陽
and watching sunsets
可惜她愛夕陽多過愛這串鎖匙
Unfortunately, she loved sunsets more than the keys
最後消失在夕陽中
and ended up disappearing into one
【原地不動,也許那個人會回來找你】
你為什麼不去找她?
Why didn't you go looking for her?
小時候
When I was little
我媽周末會帶我去公園
me mum used to take me to the park on weekends
她說要是我迷路
She said if I ever got lost
就站定在一個地方,她會回來找我
I had to stay in one place so that she'd find me
行得通嗎?
Does that work?
不大通
Not really
【有時候,我們需要藉助一些東西幫我們看清和記住周遭發生的那些個事情】
你的監視器怎麼了?
What's wrong with your camera?
不知道
Oh, I don't know
它這幾天心情很差
It's been in a lousy mood these past few days
它對小偷沒有阻喝作用吧?
It doesn't really keep people from stealing, does it?
沒有
No
沒什麼用
Not really
但我喜歡有它在,因為…
But I like having it around, 'cause
它就像我的日記
for me it's like my diary
明白嗎?
You know?
有時晚上我會翻帶來看
Some nights, I watch the tapes back and
驚訝那麼多事在我面前發生
I'm amazed at how much I've missed
而我居然什麼都沒看見
That's going on right in front of me
你一定有一大堆錄影帶
You must have a lot of tapes
我沒有全部留著
I don't keep them all
不至於那麼變態
I'm not that weird
只留精彩片段
Only the highlights
【再見,不想說什麼】
該如何跟你不想失去的人說再見?
How do you say goodbye to someone you can't imagine living without?
我沒說再見
I didn't say goodbye
我什麼也沒說
I didn't say anything
就這樣走了
I just walked away
那一夜結束時
At the end of that night
我決定用最長的方式過馬路
I decided to take the longest way to cross the street
【忙碌,可以讓我忘記想念】
打兩份工很累
Working two jobs is exhausting
但起碼令我忙著
But at least it keeps me busy
更重要的是令我沒時間想他
and most importantly, it keeps my mind away from him
【打算喝九杯的,原來八杯就可以讓我醉了】
這是你的賬單
Here's your check
才八杯?
Just eight?
我敢發誓我起碼喝了九杯
I coulda sworn I had at least nine
沒有,只喝了八杯
No, just eight
【攢錢買車,開到無處可去】
我想儲錢買車
I'm trying to save up for a car
要去哪裡?
Where are you going?
沒有特定目的地,不過…
Well, I don't have any specific destination in mind, but
我要到處去,直到沒地方可去
I'm just gonna go until I run out of places to go
真希望我也可以那樣
I wish I could do that
【拿什麼做籌碼?】
拿一個白籌碼
pick up a white chip.
它象徵你有決心
You take it as a symbol of your intention
不會喝醉
to stay sober.
要是你
And if you
不小心又喝了
slip up and drink again
就必需回去再拿一個籌碼
you got to come back and pick up another chip.
這一個是九十天的
This one is for ninety days.
我撐了那麼久
I got that far.
就那麼一次
Once.
看到這些白籌碼嗎,莉絲?
See all those white chips, Lizzie?
我是白籌碼之王
I am the king of the white chip.
親愛的謝洛米
Dear Jeremy.
我想起阿尼說的不醉籌碼
I thought about what Arnie said about the sobriety chips,
如何把注意力集中在其他事情上
how to focus your attention on something else
以便戒癮
in order to cure your addiction.
如果我有癮,我會選擇藍莓批當籌碼
If I was an addict, I'd choose blueberry pie as my chip.
【有的事寫出來比較好】
為什麼不打電話?
Why not pick up the phone?
有些事寫出來比較好
Some things are better on paper.
是嗎?
Oh you think so?
你在干什麼?
What are you doing?
這個嘛
Well, you know
聽了你那天說的話
I listened to what you said the other day.
我想寫封信給我老婆
So I'm trying to write a letter to my wife.
我們早就不再說話了
We don't talk to each other much anymore
我想試試你的方法
so I thought maybe I'd try your method.
【我已經不是你的誰了,你記住了么?我要重新開始】
媽的,阿尼!
Oh goddammit Arnie!
我們已經分居了!
We're, we're separated!
我不再跟你住了!
I don't live with you anymore!
不再跟你說話了!
I don't talk to you anymore!
你是我媽的老婆!
You are my goddamn wife!
我還是你媽的老公!
And I am still your goddamn husband!
不,你不是…
No, no you're not...
不再是了
Not anymore.
那麼我是誰?
Well then what am I?
你誰也不是
You're nothing.
對我來說誰都不是
Nothing to me.
蘇琳,求求你,求求你寶貝
Sue Lynne, please, please, please baby.
別這樣,別這樣對我
Don't do this, don't do this to me.
我愛你,我很愛你
I love you, I love you so much.
我只是,只是需要一點時間
I just, I just need a little more time.
媽的,阿尼!
Goddammit Arnie!
你該放手了
No, no you gotta let me go.
我再也受不了,你必需讓我走
I can't do it anymore. You gotta let me go now.
我必需離開,重新開始
I'm gonna go, I'm restart my life
我要找份工作
and I'm gonna get me a job.
【你終於放手了,為什麼我感覺那麼疼?】
於是我們.嘗試…
So we tried
以喝酒來找回愛情
drinking our way back into love.
但早上醒來總覺得沒意思
But it never made sense in the morning.
於是我玩失蹤
So I ran.
每次回來
And every time I came back,
他仍然在
he was here.
仍然為我瘋狂
And he was still crazy about me.
你知道
You know,
我以前會幻想他死了
I used to daydream about him dying.
我覺得…
I thought it was the
只有那樣才能擺脫他
only way I'd get clear of him.
你一定很恨他
You must have hated him.
我不恨他
I didn't hate him.
我只是希望他…
I just wanted him to
放開我
let go of me.
結果…
And...
現在他放手了
now that he has,
我只感到痛…
it hurts me more than
痛得肝腸寸斷
anything else in the whole world.
【離開了,有什麼會留下?】
不知道人們會記得阿尼什麼
I wonder how people would remember Arnie
人一旦離開,就只留下
When you're gone, all that's left behind are the memories
為別人製造的回憶
you created in other people's lives
或是賬單上的幾道餐點
or just a couple of items on a bill
【要找的人不在了,就把鑰匙丟了,不要再留戀吧】
那串鎖匙還在嗎?
You still have the keys?
在,我記得你說過
Yeah... I always remember what you said
千萬不要扔掉
about never throwing them away, about never
永遠不要把門關上,我還記得
closing those doors forever. I remember
有時就算你手上有鎖匙
Sometimes, even if you have the keys
門還是打不開
those doors still
不是嗎?
can't be opened, can they?
就算門沒鎖
Even if the door is open
你要找的人也可能不在了,卡雅
the person you're looking for may not be there, Katya
【愛結束的時候,夢也醒了】
夢始於夏天
It began in the summer
終結於次年春天
and was over by the following spring
當中有許多不開心的晚上
In between, there was as many unhappy nights
也有很多快樂的日子
as there were happy days
大多數發生在這家餐室
Most of them took place in this cafe
然後有一晚
And then one night
那扇門被大力關上,夢醒了
a door slammed and the dream was over
【有時候,去有的地方,是為了找曾經有過的那剎那的感覺】
我根本沒想過你仍然會在這里
You know, I didn't even think you'd still be here
那你為什麼來?
Why'd you come?
大概是想看看我還記不記得…
I guess I just wanted to see if I could remember
當時的感覺
what it felt like
【靠著直覺和運氣,有時候就賭上了所有】
我總是被玩啤牌的人吸引
I've always been fascinated by card players
他們靠直覺與運氣賭上一切
They risk everything on their instincts and their luck
【分不清白天和黑夜,我怎麼還會失眠呢?】
在賭場工作時間太長會失去時間感
Working long hours in the casino makes you lose track of the time
我總分不清白天和黑夜
And I'm never sure whether it's day or night
不過起碼不必擔心失眠問題了
But at least I don't have to worry about my sleeping problem anymore
它不知怎的消失了
Somehow it's gone away
人人都可以做夢
We can all dream, Aloha
【因為懷念過去,所以總有時候會睡不著】
萊絲莉,你睡著了?
Hey Leslie, are you asleep?
沒有
No
我念念不忘以前的好牌
I keep playing old poker hands in my head
你呢?
You?
也念念不忘…
Same
【連自己都未必信得過,別人又如何能去相信呢?】
相信別人,但一定要切牌
Trust everyone but always cut the cards
這是我爸教落最有用的真理
Best thing my father ever taught me
你知道什麼意思嗎?
You know what that means?
就是不要相信任何人
It means never trust anybody
你那麼會觀察別人…
If you're so good at reading people
為什麼還會輸?
Then why did I lose?
對啊
Yeah
因為你不可能永遠都贏
Because you can't always win
你能擊敗對手,但不能擊敗運氣
You can beat players but you can't beat luck
如果運勢不佳
Sometimes your rhythm's off
看透別人還是會出差錯
you read the person right but still do the wrong thing
因為你信任他們?
Because you trust them?
因為你連自己都信不過
Because you can't even trust yourself
【有時侯為了不寂寞,找個伴,所以編了個謊言】
我說我輸清光,對吧?
I told you I lost everything back at Harlan's, didn't I?
對
Yeah
其實與事實有點出入
Well, that's not exactly how it went down
那場賭局我大獲全勝
See, I beat that game on its ass, Beth
把他們打得落花流水
I knocked them off their feet
牌開得跟我預料的一樣
The cards turned just like I knew they would
我完全看準我的對手
I read the other players just right
我把他們的錢都贏光了
I walked away with all their money
那麼你騙了我
So you lied to me
或者我不想分給你
Maybe I didn't want to share
或者我想看你多易信人、多易呃
Maybe I just wanted to see how trusting and gullible you were
或者我只是想找個伴
Maybe I just wanted company. You know?
路程很長,白絲
It's a long ride, Beth
我不想一個人走
I didn't want to go alone